Birthing in the comfort of your own home allows for a sense of freedom without inhibition. When women are given the space to labor without time constraints and deadlines, they tend to open up and unfold in a very natural rhythm. The miraculous process of growing and birthing your baby is different for every woman and I strive to support your individual, emotional and clinical needs.
Prenatal Care visits are 1 hour long and take place in your home. I see my clients every 4 weeks until the 28th week, every 2 weeks until the 36th week and weekly until you begin labor.
Prenatal Midwifery Care appointments include:
- Clinical assessment of both mother and baby
- Specific lab tests and blood draws
- Nutrition and exercise counseling
- Pregnancy, birth and postpartum education and referrals
Homebirth is low risk between 37 & 42 weeks. I invite a licensed midwife to be present at your birth to support in a safe transition of both you and your baby. You will have a chance to meet her at your birth team meeting around 36 weeks. After the birth, we stay an additional 3-4 hours to monitor, establish breastfeeding and clean your home. In addition, I complete a head to toe newborn exam and a metabolic screen at 24 hours.
Postpartum Midwifery Care is a true gift to yourself and your family. Relax and bond with your new baby, while your midwife checks on your health and postpartum recovery.
In home visits for baby include:
- Weight checks
- Latch, tongue tie assesments
- Visual jaundice screening
- Normal elimination patterns
- Cord care
- Vitals (temperature, normal heart rate and respiratory health)
- Birth Certificate & SS card paperwork
In home visits for mother include:
- Breast care & milk supply
- Perineal & uterine healing
- Vitals & lochia assessment
- Nutritional support and rest patterns
- Postnatal exercises
Our visits are also a time to process the birth, ask questions and make sure the transition to parenthood is running smoothly for the entire family. Postpartum visits are scheduled at 24 hours, day 3, 1 week, 2 week, 4 week and 6 week.